Thank you for your support last year and happy two years of the Biden presidency. Working together with President Biden, New York Democrats have delivered historic results for our state and our country.
Two Years of President Biden Delivering Results
President Biden ran for office to restore the soul of the nation, unite the country and build an economy from the middle out and bottom up.
Two years ago, when President Biden and Vice President Harris were sworn in to office:
- Nine million people were out of work.
- The unemployment rate was 6.3%.
- Hundreds of thousands of small businesses had closed their doors.
President Biden moved quickly to deliver results for the American people. In just two years:
- Nearly 11 million jobs have been created and 750,000 of them are manufacturing jobs.
- The unemployment rate is near a 50-year low and Black, Hispanic Americans and people with disabilities are experiencing record low unemployment.
- Nearly 10.5 million Americans applied to start a business, making 2021 and 2022 the two best years for small business applications on record.
The President’s economic agenda, including the CHIPS and Science Act, Inflation Reduction Act, and Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, has helped boomed manufacturing across the country.
To date, the Administration has announced funding from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law for 6,900 specific projects, reaching over 4,000 communities across all 50 states, D.C., and the territories.
Private companies have announced nearly $300 billion in investments across the U.S. including $100 billion investment by Micron in New York
President Biden built the most significant legislative record since LBJ by working with Democrats and Republicans to:
- Pass the most sweeping guns legislation in almost 30 years
- Expand health care for veterans exposed to toxic chemicals in the line of duty
- Stand up to Russian aggression and support Ukraine
- Secure marriage equality
As we move into the third year of the Biden Administration, the President will continue to fight every day to grow the economy from the bottom up and the middle out and give middle class families breathing room.
This is in contrast to MAGA Republicans in Congress who are creating chaos and proposing an extreme and divisive agenda that:
- Bans abortion nationwide – without exceptions for rape, incest, or life of the mother.
- Hikes taxes on the middle class by taxing thousands of everyday items from groceries to gas, while cutting taxes for the wealthiest Americans.
- Raises gas prices and deprives Americans of relief at the pump in the future – all to benefit Big Oil, who is already making record profits.
- Puts Social Security and Medicare on the chopping block.
We have a lot of work ahead of us this year but with Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries, New York Democrats will continue to lead the way.
Jay S. Jacobs
NYS Democratic Party Chairman
The enewsletter above is shared by DCDC Chair Kathleen Hayek.